Tuesday, August 27, 2013

P.S.

It's hard to believe that only six months ago, I was told that I would only have about six months to live. Duh-duh- duuun... P.S. that was dramatic music that they play in the movies... But thank God, I'm still here and still smiling :o) - see... that's me smiling. P.S. I usually smile with my mouth closed because I had bad teeth growing up. Didn't get braces till i was in my 30s. :o)
The happy couple (2012)

Well... in looking back over these past six months, I have been busy. Let's see...  February was when I was diagnosed with cancer. P.S. again. Started chemo in March... and had a going away hair party with my coworkers. Lost my hair... and now it's back. P.S. I've been told that I have a nice shaped head :o). I guess that's a good thing. Got engaged. P.S. I said yes. Two weeks later, we were married.
D.C. - P.S. Happy 50th!


Got to travel a little bit... finally got to see the cherry blossoms in DC, gave a speech in New York City, and recently went to Guatelmala. P.S. Loved it.
Always posing :o)
Feliz Cumpleanos


Have been able to spend lots of quality time with family. From an impromptu Oscar Party where we all dressed up to walk the red carpet...  to spending two weeks... two long weeks :o) down the shore in Ocean City. P.S. That's my   cousin Peggy working the red carpet.

Have also had good times with friends and coworkers... from the Candyland Beef and Beer, our Flash Mob dance during Alex Scott's Lemonade Day, and to now... back at work. P.S. I started watching the clock at 11 on my first day back. Is that bad? Whoops. And, Oh yeah, i also started this blog... six months ago exactly this past Sunday.

Aside from chemotherapy treatments, i also had chemo embolization to the liver, &  20 days of radiation to the pancreas bed. Have had lots of ups and, of course, some downs over these past six months. But by far the most exciting for me is this... see below...

Yes, we're pregnant! :o)
And apparently our little one resembles a little stuffed teddy bear, right! And no, baby bear is not in my belly. He or she is in our gestational carrier's belly on the other side of the country. 
I hope and pray these next six months continue to go just as well. Fingers crossed.

lots of love... little lisa lollipop

P.S. I love you, baby bear.  love, mama bear

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Juan. Keep on living it up... :-)~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lis (and Juan =)), Just returning from vaca. and catching up on your blog--I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE MY EYES!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! God-speed to both of you! And thank-you for continuing to allow us into the most vulnerable parts of your hearts and lives! What an awesome journey! I love being along for the ride! And Lisa, it comes as no surprise that you've been around the world in 5 months, because you wrap around most hearts in about 5 minutes! Love to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    Congrats to you and Juan! I am so happy for you finally catching up on your blog and seeing all the wonderful things happening in your life. I was really nervous for awhile when you were not blogging a bit. I think about you every day and am in absolute amazement with all that you do. You are the strongest person I know and are of the most deserving :-) glad to hear you are back to work as well, and expect a letter soon!

    Love,
    Rachel
    Rachel Ferro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Mama Bear! I could not be happier for you and Juan! You are going to be wonderful parents! All my love to you both.

    Erin

    PS- So sorry about that whole work thing. . . is it too progressive to request "nesting" time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations both!!!! We're so happy, incredible! Hope, pray and wish all will go well the coming 6 months! Huge hug, Marc, Ilonka and Kaj
    p.s. we're also expecting. Due date is end okctober. Exciting! Also told us I probably couldn't get pregant after chemo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, How did I miss this?! Congratulations, this is such amazing and wonderful news. I am so very happy for the two (three!!) of you. Much love to you guys!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete