Thursday, June 20, 2013

butterfly kisses


Hi everyone. I had a nice response from everyone about the latest butterfly posts; i just wanted to include share some of them in this posting. 

The following poem was given to Father Sam by his high school nun years ago. She is now in Heaven praying for us. He also mentioned that "sometimes butterflies are used to represent the Resurrection. Since Jesus went into the tomb one way and "emerged" entirely different/ glorified... something we don't fully understand, but believe this happens to us too... So, are ORANGE BUTTERFLIES the ultimate sign?!"   .... I hope so Father Sam.








My cousin Peggy also shared her own butterfly story from when her sister Mary died. (See my post from April 21st titled M.F.). "After she died, we listened to a phone conversation of her and my mom recorded about 10 years before and I remember thinking "wow they seem so carefree" and how we had not had carefree conversations like that in such a long time... since Mary became sick with cancer. A few days later I went for a walk by myself at work, when I was grieving about Mary and this butterfly would not leave me alone. It seemed to stay with me for several minutes traveling up and down my arm, practically touching me. And I thought: this butterfly is so carefree. At that moment it flew away. And I strongly believe, it was Mary letting me know that she is carefree now. Such a gift. As I shared my experience, other friends of Mary and relatives shared their own experiences with butterflies that bring peace and comfort after the death of a loved one. I don't think we are unique... we were just able to make the connection. Look for the butterflies... they are a gift."



Thanks Peggy for sharing.
We'll all be 'butterfly watching' like crazy now, and i can't wait to see more.


Keep smiling and stay strong.

lots of love... little lisa lollipop

No comments:

Post a Comment