Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jimmy John's

Shout out to Curt & Kim's favorite: Jimmy John's


Last Friday after meeting with my awesome new Doctor T, we were forced to go to Jimmy John's because of smoke/fire in the parking garage. Who knew one would find such inspirational words hanging on their wall.

Realized this morning when i woke up at 9:15 am :o) that i hadn't really updated you after the BIG conference. My ears were ringing all day... but that could have been the tinnitus from my cisplatin* years ago. (*Cisplatin is a chemotherapy drug that causes hearing loss and ringing in the ears).

So... a final decision wasn't made about which Team I am on, but the consensus was for me to start chemo. Evaluate after a few rounds to see if surgery is an option. So the surgery door isn't closed just yet. Yay!

So keep praying. And then pray harder. lol
I've included one of my favorite prayers that i received from my beloved Nonny S who always lifts me up.




PORT placement tomorrow morning. And outpatient chemotherapy in the afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Here's me getting ready for the chemo.
Trying on a hat.
Bring It! (said like they do in that teen movie)



lots of love...  little lisa lollipop

P.S. Another picture below for Sean F. below who called me Rain Man when it comes to sudoku.

Sorry, Jimmy F. Peggy F. stole your old trophy to give to me when I beat Sean F.


12 comments:

  1. love the hat Lisa! Here's to Day One coming up tomorrow! Git it giiiiiiiirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    Thank you for starting this blog!!! I love following your inspirational journey. You are the strongest, sweetest, and funniest person!!! I've signed up for the extra weekend thing and have missed you at work:( I'm glad we have this blog to keep up. Hope tomorrow goes as well as possible. You are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers.
    PS. If they have trouble accessing your port, I'm your girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lany! i'll keep you posted on the port. :o)

      Delete
  3. You rock that hat! Good luck tomorrow. Prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    Steve told us last night at the board meeting what's going on with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I'll be sharing your story with anyone who will listen. You are an amazing woman, and stronger than I ever knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. How's your little man? Perhaps, if i'm feeling up to it, I'll make it to Little Smiles Monte Carlo night. Of course, I'll probably have to wear a mask because of the crowd of people at this awesome event!! :o)

      Delete
  5. Best of luck tomorrow, Lisa. Think positive thoughts, I will be too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute hat, Lisa!!! Bring it, Sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,
    I am Rachel MCStay's stepfather. We met in Hannah's room. I just wanted you to know we are praying for you. You are truly the first Angel I have ever met.
    Love and prayers,
    Bill Alba

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck Lisa the Taggarts are pulling for you. Please if you need anything please let us know. Stay Strong. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck tomorrow Tia Lisa! Stay strong. Your in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. You don't know me, but my family and I were at CHOP several times when our dear "niece" Chelsea was battling leukemia. I remember you fondly because you were like a ray of sunshine. We are praying for you and sending you all the healing vibes in the world.

    ReplyDelete