Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Team Lollipop

Home Sweet Home
Hi everyone!
Still recovering at home. I'm doing well... just feeling tired. And now trying to get everything ready for the baby's arrival. Crunch time!

Juan has already had lots of practice at the hospital though... there's something about being sick that can turn one into a cranky baby. I'm referring to myself, of course, but he handled it all with grace. Little did he know when we recited our wedding vows last March, that they would include wiping my a@# :o).  I guess we got the for worse part covered.

You're fired!
But without him and my family, I definitely wouldn't have been able to make it through the Perfect Storm. Somebody was always by my side. Although... Juan did have to "fire" my baby sister once for sleeping on the job; she was switched to night shift. Both he and Marita were great advocates and would also make great nurses. Now that i am home, i still remain under their strict supervision. I cannot thank my entire family enough for all of their love and support. Team Lollipop is awesome!

Me & Max
After writing my last post the other day (about the Perfect Storm), i realized that i neglected to mention the Team of angels that i have in Heaven... some of whom i once cared for as a nurse, and now... they watch over me. Like "little Miss Sunshine" who lost her cancer battle at age 5 last year and 19 year old dear Raechel who just recently passed. Both ladies fought long and hard till the very end. I am blessed to have known them, and although their lives may have been brief, they touched so many hearts and will never be forgotten. Just thinking of these two cuties makes me smile :o). God bless all of them and their families.
Big sister, Andrea

Yet another angel by my side is my dear Uncle Jimmy who passed away last month at 81 years young. I always think of him as a jolly man. The Forrestel Team was amazing in how they came together to care for him over these past years. And even in spite of their loss, the entire extended Forrestel family was so warm and welcoming. I think the McForrestels really need to create a Facebook page though... just so i can "like" it and to keep track of them too... since there are so many of them. Team Forrestel is awesome!

Visit from Fr Sam
I don't know. I feel so blessed to still be here. At times it's hard to understand why i am so lucky and blessed...but i'll take it :o).  Just last February, the doctors said i only had six months to live. I know... crazy.  So thank you... not just for the recent prayers to get me thru the storm, but for all of the prayers, love, and support that you, my family, and angels have always given me. Thank you and muchas gracias, Team Lollipop!

Hopefully now, I can just give you all a well deserved break. Let's hope and pray that messy poopie diapers and sleepless nights will be the biggest drama for me in this year to come. Our little man will definitely be the "for better."

lots of love, your team leader :o)...
little lisa lollipop




Poem for the Angels
God saw you were getting tired
And a cure was not meant to be.
So He put His arms around you and
whispered, "Come with Me."

With tearful eyes we watched you
As we saw you pass away.
Although we loved you deeply,
We could not make you stay.

Your golden heart stopped beating,
Hard-working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to share in another "little slice of heaven" real soon! Lisa, great to see your face again--AT HOME, this time! Love you guys! GO TEAM LOLLIPOP!!!

    ReplyDelete