Saturday, April 20, 2013

Candy Land

Last night was...
wait for it... Legendary! See... my coworkers held a beef and beer in my honor yesterday. And you did an amazing job Lauren, Cara, Quinny, Paula, and Elizabeth. Thank you for all your hard work: it was perfect! It was a Candy Land theme, complete with colorful floor squares, cute candy decorations thanks to child life, and an awesome sign from Rhonda. Hollaa!! And check out these professional looking cupcakes. They tasted as good as they look. Thanks Kelly. (Sorry if I am leaving anyone out :o).

There were a ton of great baskets for the raffle done by various staff. The effort that people put into the baskets was apparent. I wanted to win them all :o). But Deb was clearly the biggest winner of the night.

But the best part of all was seeing all of my coworkers whom i have missed so much. The love and support that they have shown me is overwhelming. I am at a loss of words to express my love and appreciation back. I've always known that our patients/families are lucky to have such an amazing team of nurses, child life, doctors, social workers, etc. And now I have experienced it first hand. I feel your embrace. Thank you for always lifting me up... to gum drop mountain :o).



lots and lots and lots of love to
3 east/ 3 south...
little lisa lollipop



P.S. Fun Fact from Sunday Morning: The Candy Land game was created to keep children indoors during the polio outbreak.


No comments:

Post a Comment