Saturday, April 6, 2013

sunshine, lollipops, & rainbows

I got my work fix yesterday. Yay! See... i had signed up for a work conference before all this madness began :o). It was great to see some of my coworkers and learn a thing or two. My body has been spoiled though; it's not used to getting up so early. So i was a wee bit late. whoops.

The ride home afterward was beautiful! See... the day started out all wet from the rain, and now it was pure sunshine.  Made me think of a magnet that i just bought: sunshine, lollipops. & rainbows. Well... i didn't see a rainbow, but perhaps there was one somewhere... or perhaps a double rainbow. (Click here if you want to see one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99E9fDgZZuE

And... if i were Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music, all three would make my list of favorite things. That raindrops on roses crap just doesn't cut it for me :o). Some other things to make the list, butterflies (duh :o), flowers, holding hands, "real" mail (as opposed to email), smell of fresh cut grass, birds chirping, afternoon cat naps with my cats... just to name a few, so i don't bore you too much :o)

And then... admist all these happy thoughts, i started to cry... little a whittle girlie man :o) I don't know, i've just been so overwhelmed by everyone's kindness, love, and support. And if i can reiterate some generic words of wisdom that we've all heard before...

Never take a day for granted. Don't sweat the small stuff. Let things go. Don't get caught up in the hustle and bustle of what we call life. I know, all of this is easier said than done sometimes... especially if you're in a funk... which happens to all of us.

But... if i've learned anything in life, it's that we often cannot control things that happen to us, but we can control how we react. And as i once heard Robert De Niro say in an interview: "you can't wait for someday"... cause that someday is now.









Well... sending you happy thoughts your way along with lots of love...

little lisa lollipop


P.S. PO Box closed.
Here's my mailing address:
768 North Judson Street
Philadelphia, PA. 19130

2 comments:

  1. Hey, reading your blog reminded me today of just how you look at life Lisa. I actually just prayed to God today in church and asked him to help you win this fight so more people on earth can learn about how you celebrate life in the most refreshing and joyous ways. You really have a charasmitic way about you that is contagious. And I could not agree with you more on the quotes above. Don't get caught up and we need to live each day to its fullest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite post of yours to date (: so inspiring, Lisa. You really make me believe in hope (by the way, I wear my pink HOPE bracelet you gave me every single day!) and the power of positivity - "When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.." (:

    ReplyDelete